Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Swago/Swatonah Available on Ebay

Your youth, your memories, your childhood and your bunk plaques are now for sale on EBAY!
Click on "Swago/Swatonah Available on Ebay" above to bid.
I do not know the seller.




Description
CAMP SWATONAH - DAMASCUS PA * CAMP/ACTIVITY PHOTO PORTFOLIO
THIS COMPREHENSIVE PHOTO ALBUM (COVER EMBOSSED "CAMP SWATONAH") CONTAINS 83 PAGED PHOTOGRAPHS DEPICTING BUILDINGS/GROUNDS AND ALL CAMP ACTIVITIES IN DETAIL (SWIMING; SKIING; BOATING; TENNIS; BASEBALL; SOCCER; VOLLEYBALL; GYMNASTICS; DANCE; FENCING; HOCKEY; BASKETBALL; GOLF; ARTS & CRAFTS; NATURE; HAYRIDE AND MUCH MUCH MORE.)
LUCKY WINNING BID ALSO RECEIVE CAMP SWATONAH STICKER AND BUNK PLAQUE AS SHOWN IN PHOTO.
LAST OF IT'S KIND.

4 comments:

ASL Mom said...

The seller is Cindy Macjiewski, John Macjiewski's daughter. You may remember John, he along with Ed Terrel maintained the camps. My understanding is John, who lives in the Calicoon area, stayed on after Sheldon bought the camp and continued to maintain the camp after it closed.
Sharon Tanzer Kirschner '67-'76

Anonymous said...

Would love for her to scan the photos to this site so we can all enjoy them
'75-'81

John Horst said...

Hi,
My uncle bought the camp, so this blog is really interesting. He's doing some restorations on the Swatona side and the whole family has been up visiting and exploring everything. The utility building by the Swago boat dock is full of carved initials and marks from the counselors, so I'll have to look for the famous references and see if they're scrawled up there too.

I'll be up there this weekend tenting with my dog and figured I'd look it up before going, and that led me here.

I'll let the family know.
Thanks,
John

Anonymous said...

Hey Chief, Enjoyed your tour of camp swago. can you locate any old alumnai, wondering whatever happened to jeff horowitz or rick pierce... circa 1970.... can contact me at gregory.adrian@hotmail.com